What is a margin loan?
A margin loan is effectively a personal loan, attracting interest, which gives you more leverage to buy additional securities. The money is added to your account and is guaranteed (100%) by the value of margin trading stocks in your portfolio (Stocks against which we can offer a loan are specified by EFSA and EGX). The percentages offered are according to the number of stocks in the client's portfolio as below:
- We offer the client 50% in case he owns only 1 stock.
- We offer the client 80% in case he owns 2 stocks; given that each stock represents not less than 10% of the portfolio value.
- We offer the client 90% in case he owns 3 stocks or more; given that each stock represents not less than 10% of the portfolio value.
- Maximum Loan to be offered is EGP1.5M; can be increased by signing a certain letter to be sent to Bank Audi.
How do I start margin trading?
You begin by signing the following documents: Bank Audi's Contract as custodian. Margin Trading Contract. Query Delegation. Financing Loan Request for Margin Trading.
What else do I need?
Arabeya Online requires a sub-account for margin trading, which can be activated by: Depositing cash in your sub account, or Transferring same day stocks from your normal account to your margin account.
Can I buy OTC (Over-The-Counter) stocks through my margin trading account?
No, Clients can only buy Same Day Trading (T+0) and Margin Trading stocks.
How do you calculate the interest on my margin loan?
There are two methods:
- First Method: an annual interest rate of 4% above the official lending and discount rate announced by the Central Bank of Egypt. Interest is calculated daily and charged monthly on the used portion of the loan.
- Second Method: A rate of 1.65% of the highest amount of loan used and calculated at the end of each month. Note: If you do not use your margin lending facility, Arabeya online will not deduct any interest. The same applies if a client uses the facility for same day trading. i.e. interest will not be deducted.
Can Arabeya Online force clients to settle their margin trading accounts?
- Bank Audi sends a Margin Call E-mail , if the debt percentage exceeded 60% and if the debt percentage closes at 65% during any session, Bank Audi will sell some stocks during the next session aiming to decrease the debt percentage to less than 60%.
Can I sell my owned stocks at the beginning of the loan for margin trading or will the stocks be encumbered?
You can sell the stocks at any time, as they will not be encumbered.
Can I withdraw from, or stop margin trading?
Yes. You can close your margin trading account whenever you like on the condition that any debts are settled beforehand.
When are interest and fees deducted?
At the end of each month.
Resource id #743
- Orascom Investment Holding0.67400.6710 |
- Palm Hills Development Company2.192.17 |
- Global Telecom Holding4.944.93 |
- Citadel Capital - Common Shares3.793.75 |
- Orascom Development Egypt6.426.40 |
- Amer Group Holding0.67500.6690 |
- Dice Sport & Casual Wear1.60301.5940 |
- CI Capital Holding For Financial Investments8.308.45 |
- Arabian Cement Company3.123 |
- Egypt - South Africa for Communication0.27500.2630 |
- Eastern Company15.4015.35 |
- Ezz Steel8.398.23 |
- Ibnsina Pharma9.409.30 |
- ELSWEDY ELECTRIC13.4213.15 |
- Cleopatra Hospital Company5.805.80 |
- Emaar Misr for Development3.173.13 |
- Porto Group0.73900.7360 |
- Medinet Nasr Housing4.964.89 |
- Egyptian Kuwaiti Holding1.27301.2660 |
- Elsaeed Contracting& Real Estate Investment Company SCCD0.53900.5350 |
- South Valley Cement1.79401.7620 |
- Misr National Steel - Ataqa1.20501.1790 |
- Speed Medical1.10601.11 |
- Arab Co. for Asset Management And Development2.352.33 |
- Egyptian Iron & Steel2.952.93 |
- Giza General Contracting0.91300.88 |
- Alexandria Mineral Oils Company4.054.01 |
- Heliopolis Housing21.3120.97 |
- Remco for Touristic Villages Construction2.412.36 |
- Cairo Oils & Soap6.266.12 |
- Asek Company for Mining - Ascom6.445.97 |
- MM Group For Industry And International Trade10.0110.30 |
- The Egyptian Company for Construction Development-Lift Slab7.547.57 |
- The Holding Company for Financial Investments (Lakah Group)0.800.78 |
- Sidi Kerir Petrochemicals9.339.28 |
- Arabia Investments Holding0.480.4790 |
- Golden Coast Company2.992.97 |
- Pioneers Holding5.825.79 |
- Commercial International Bank (Egypt)72.4171.77 |
- Electro Cable Egypt1.60201.61 |
- Egyptian Chemical Industries (Kima)5.735.69 |
- El Wadi For International and Investement Development7.437.41 |
- Arabian Rocks Plastic Industries0.20200.2020 |
- GB AUTO3.853.84 |
- Six of October Development & Investment (SODIC)13.3613.16 |
- United Arab Shipping0.73600.7320 |
- Egyptian Financial Group-Hermes Holding Company16.6116.50 |
- Arab Real Estate Investment CO.-ALICO0.460.4550 |
- Egyptian for Tourism Resorts1.94201.9260 |
- Cairo Poultry4.534.58 |
- Arab Cotton Ginning1.74701.7390 |
- T M G Holding10.4610.31 |
- Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank- Egypt1111 |
- Credit Agricole Egypt43.9944.99 |
- Souhag National Food Industries3.383.33 |
- Rights Issue Of Egyptian For Developing Building Materials-30.57400.5870 |
- Orascom Construction PLC81.9785.47 |
- Suez Cement8.318.04 |
- Egypt Aluminum12.7912.55 |
- TransOceans Tours0.050.0510 |
- El Nasr Clothes & Textiles (Kabo)0.82800.83 |
- Development & Engineering Consultants15.4515 |
- Egyptian International Tourism Projects8.178.25 |
- Industrial & Engineering Projects15.2215 |
- Egyptian Media Production City4.684.54 |
- Ceramic & Porcelain2.522.43 |
- Brothers Solidarity For Real Estate Investment&Food Security2.782.70 |
- Maridive & oil services0.35700.3570 |
- International Agricultural Products2.682.67 |
- Mena Touristic & Real Estate Investment2.912.95 |
- Nasr Company for Civil Works10.6210.34 |
- Egyptian Starch & Glucose11.1710.96 |
- Telecom Egypt14.0213.99 |
- Barbary Investment Group ( BIG)0.73200.7320 |
- Egyptian Arabian (cmar) Securities Brokerage EAC0.53500.5350 |
- Arab Moltaka Investments Co10.019.89 |
- Rakta Paper Manufacturing5.155.03 |
- Egyptian Satellites (NileSat)6.106.02 |
- Torah Cement7.817.42 |
- Egyptian Financial & Industrial6.976.90 |
- Naeem Holding0.22500.2260 |
- El Shams Housing & Urbanization4.524.50 |
- Misr Cement (Qena)8.268.02 |
- Canal Shipping Agencies9.819.59 |
- Misr Duty Free Shops8.618.97 |
- El Ahli Investment and Development5.785.69 |
- The Arab Ceramic CO.- Ceramica Remas1.76501.7650 |
- AJWA for Food Industries company Egypt2.942.88 |
- Delta Sugar11.1810.98 |
- United Housing & Development2.952.93 |
- Misr Hotels5050 |
- Alexandria Flour Mills8.938.80 |
- Ismailia National Food Industries5.685.75 |
- Sinai Cement7.617.19 |
- Egyptian Transport (EGYTRANS)7.437.29 |
- Oriental Weavers10.1610.15 |
- Egyptians Abroad for Investment & Development2.512.51 |
- GMC GROUP FOR INDUSTRIAL COMMERCIAL & FINANCIAL INVESTMENTS0.620.62 |
- Engineering Industries (ICON)5.105.02 |
- Extracted Oils1.201.20 |
- Belton Financial Holding5.425.45 |
- Faisal Islamic Bank of Egypt - In EGP1515.01 |
- Egyptians Housing Development & Reconstruction1.60801.6080 |
- Abou Kir Fertilizers23.1922.95 |
- Northern Upper Egypt Development & Agricultural Production3.683.68 |
- Al Tawfeek Leasing Company-A.T.LEASE3.773.77 |
- Delta Construction & Rebuilding4.725.18 |
- El Obour Real Estate Investment3.913.91 |
- Faisal Islamic Bank of Egypt - In US Dollars1.171.1710 |
- Mansourah Poultry3.873.87 |
- Zahraa Maadi Investment & Development8.448.51 |
- Egyptian Real Estate Group9.459.45 |
- Export Development Bank of Egypt (EDBE)8.338.33 |
- El-Nile Co. For Pharmaceuticals And Chemical Industries17.0118.20 |
- Alexandria Containers and goods1212.01 |
- El Ezz Porcelain (Gemma)18.2518.13 |
- Gharbia Islamic Housing Development3.923.92 |
- Assiut Islamic Trading8.518.51 |
- Raya Holding For Financial Investments5.095.09 |
- El Nasr For Manufacturing Agricultural Crops29.6028.99 |
- Modern Company for water proofing (Bitumode)1.51901.5190 |
- Sharm Dreams Co. for Tourism Investment3.293.29 |
- Arab Gulf Investment0.260.27 |
- Atlas For Investment and Food Industries8.458.45 |
- ARAB POLVARA SPINNING & WEAVING CO.2.202.20 |
- Misr Beni Suef Cement17.5017.39 |
- Egyptian Gulf Bank0.57500.5750 |
- Misr Chemical Industries6.826.82 |
- Arab Aluminum12.9012.90 |
- Wadi Kom Ombo Land Reclamation12.1112.11 |
- Alexandria Cement4.874.87 |
- National Real Estate Bank for Development4.224.22 |
- Housing & Development Bank4848 |
- Suez Canal Bank6.886.88 |
- Middle Egypt Flour Mills34.0134.01 |
- General Silos & Storage36.2536.25 |
- Mohandes Insurance9.739.73 |
- Misr Fretilizers Production Company - Mopco60.0360.03 |
- Medical Packaging Company0.700.70 |
- South Cairo & Giza Mills & Bakeries18.5518.55 |
- Modern Shorouk Printing & Packaging19.6019.60 |
- Arab Pharmaceuticals29.1529.15 |
- Al Arafa For Investment And Consultancies0.14200.1420 |
- Ismailia Development and Real Estate Co3.523.52 |
- Kafr El Zayat Pesticides23.6223.62 |
- Alexandria Pharmaceuticals98.3598.35 |
- Saudi Egyptian Investment & Finance2525 |
- Al Baraka Bank Egypt12.7012.70 |
- Upper Egypt Flour Mills114.20114.20 |